Aimed at delegates who are seeking new work opportunities, this workshop has been designed to help you develop job search skills. It will give you the tools and techniques to enable you to find out what you want from your future career, and how to develop the action plan to lead you there. You will gain a better understanding of the job market, and what it takes to secure your new role.
During the two day workshop we will give you practical advice and pointers on:
- managing the job search
- how to deal with redundancy
- identifying your key skills
- highlighting your key achievements
- how to write an effective CV
- overview of the job market
- how to find the right recruitment companies
- where to find the best internet job sites
- targeting prospective employers
- using social media, such as LinkedIn to generate employment leads
- cover letters
- how to prepare for and practice interviews
The method of delivery for the programme will be fully interactive. During each module delegates will be encouraged to take part in discussions, as well as coming up with new ideas on each of the subject areas.