Reorganising, restructuring and downsizing
Handling redundancies can be difficult and stressful. Breaking the news of possible redundancy needs firmness, empathy and compassion because those at risk react in a whole raft of ways. You must prepare for as many eventualities as possible.
This one day workshop will help managers who will be undertaking the implantation of a redundancy programme to manage it in the best way and prepare those left in the organisation for the next stage of the organisation’s development. One day. Covers:
- what is redundancy?
- meeting statutory requirements – a look at the law on redundancy
- how to avoid redundancies
- the duty to consult. When, who and how to consult
- planning redundancy selection – the impact of various methods on the organisation
- implementing a selection strategy – how to avoid the pitfalls.
- breaking the news
- supporting those at risk
- structuring redundancy packages – statutory payments, contractual payments, other benefits, use of compromise agreements
- helping the survivors.
This workshop considers the law as it applies to the various stages of redundancy, the cases (which give guidance to companies implementing redundancy processes) and incorporate some role play to practise breaking the news.
To make your booking call us on 0845 644 8955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org