- How to Avoid Blue Monday Blues
- IR35 Changes Review by Treasury
- Are You “Good Work” Ready?
- Blog Monitoring Social Media
- There are Nine Million Lonely People in the UK – Are Your Employees Among Them?
- How to Help Your Team Build Good Mental Health
- Draw Your Team Together to Create Solutions to Problems
- The Works Christmas “Do” (and Don’ts!)
- The Only Way is Up
- A Gentler Route to Approaching a Poor Performance Conversation
- Offering Sabbaticals
- How to Stimulate Intellectual Curiosity in Yourself and Your Team
- Help Your Team Become More Time Affluent
- Bug Off!
- Winter Blues
- Pension and PHI
- Beware! Voluntary Redundancy Can Lead to Unfair Dismissal Claims
- Can an Employer Make a Sick Employee Redundant?
- Are Employees Entitled to Time off to Attend a Funeral?
- Are You Looking for Mr Right*?
- Are All Your Balls Up in the Air?
- Should the UK Offer 24/7 Childcare for Working Parents?
- Gone Today, Here Tomorrow?
- How to Create Informal Mentoring Opportunities
- Perception of Disability
- How Managers Can Help Grieving Workers
- Not All Carrots Are the Same! Money and Motivation
- How to Stop Feeling So Stressed
- Can Dilbertian Thinking Improve Results?
- Court of Appeal Rules in New Holiday Pay Calculation Case
Seminar To Support Willen Hospice
Back in March, the team at Russell HR Consulting teamed up with partners, Safety Management Ltd to give our clients an update on legislative changes which would affect their businesses in the coming months.
Kate gave an update on the then imminent Employment Law changes which came into force in April 2009 and Steve Packer, our partner at Safety Management Ltd, gave us an update on Corporate Manslaughter legislation.
In putting together the seminar, we decided to ask our clients for a donation to secure their place, for Willen Hospice - a locally based registered charity that provides specialist care for people whose illness no longer responds to curative treatment (also known as specialist palliative care).
We raised £550 for Willen Hospice which we donated to them last week. A huge thank you for all those that came and supported Willen Hospice and to those of you who could not make the seminar but contributed also. We hope to hold future seminars to support the charity and also provide regular information to ensure we keep our clients up to date with legislative changes.
Subscribe to our free monthly HR newsletter. Russell HR Consulting employment law newsletters are emailed automatically to our ever-growing number of subscribers every month.