- How to Avoid Blue Monday Blues
- IR35 Changes Review by Treasury
- Are You “Good Work” Ready?
- Blog Monitoring Social Media
- There are Nine Million Lonely People in the UK – Are Your Employees Among Them?
- How to Help Your Team Build Good Mental Health
- Draw Your Team Together to Create Solutions to Problems
- The Works Christmas “Do” (and Don’ts!)
- The Only Way is Up
- A Gentler Route to Approaching a Poor Performance Conversation
- Offering Sabbaticals
- How to Stimulate Intellectual Curiosity in Yourself and Your Team
- Help Your Team Become More Time Affluent
- Bug Off!
- Winter Blues
- Pension and PHI
- Beware! Voluntary Redundancy Can Lead to Unfair Dismissal Claims
- Can an Employer Make a Sick Employee Redundant?
- Are Employees Entitled to Time off to Attend a Funeral?
- Are You Looking for Mr Right*?
- Are All Your Balls Up in the Air?
- Should the UK Offer 24/7 Childcare for Working Parents?
- Gone Today, Here Tomorrow?
- How to Create Informal Mentoring Opportunities
- Perception of Disability
- How Managers Can Help Grieving Workers
- Not All Carrots Are the Same! Money and Motivation
- How to Stop Feeling So Stressed
- Can Dilbertian Thinking Improve Results?
- Court of Appeal Rules in New Holiday Pay Calculation Case
Tantric HR - The Yes...YES...YES Moment!
Tantric HR is the “Yes...YES...YES!” moment that has you hopping up and down with excitement because you’ve just scored a particularly great deal for a client. We love it when we do that and break out the cake to celebrate.
We had a great tantric HR moment recently when we negotiated a settlement of just over £50k for one of our clients who had been systematically bullied at work.
Although she raised a grievance clearly setting out her concerns, her employer failed to address the matter in a timely or sensible way. Fed up with the fannying around, she came to us and we were able to move matters on to a fairly rapid conclusion.
The moral of the story is, not that all employees are grasping little beasts and Out To Get You (they are not). It is that you should listen carefully to employee issues, investigate and deal with them in a timely fashion - or it may cost you dearly.
Subscribe to our free monthly HR newsletter. Russell HR Consulting employment law newsletters are emailed automatically to our ever-growing number of subscribers every month.