- Perception of Disability
- How Managers Can Help Grieving Workers
- Not All Carrots Are the Same! Money and Motivation
- How to Stop Feeling So Stressed
- Can Dilbertian Thinking Improve Results?
- Court of Appeal Rules in New Holiday Pay Calculation Case
- Medical Information and GDPR
- You’re Having a Laugh!
- How to Ask For Help
- Employer’s Knowledge of Disability
- How Should Employers Deal with References Post-GDPR?
- Is It Time to Offer Bone Density Testing?
- Helping Employees Beat Loneliness and Depression Naturally
- Plants, Peace and Productivity
- The Messy Desk Conundrum
- The Pain of Living in Interesting Times
- Sabotaging Success
- Make it Mozart!
- Follow Proper Procedure Even in the Most Blisteringly Obvious Cases
- How to Speed Up Slow Performers
- Simple Belief of Discrimination is Not Enough
- Four Ways to Get More Done
- Abandon the Tyranny of the “To-do” List
- Eugene the Egg Cracks
- Three Conditions to Ensure Training Works
- Benefitting from Peer Knowledge
- How to Cope With “Secondhand” Stress
- Do You Need More Resources – or to Work More Efficiently?
- Network to Progress
- Recruitment A Listers
Tantric HR - The Yes...YES...YES Moment!
Tantric HR is the “Yes...YES...YES!” moment that has you hopping up and down with excitement because you’ve just scored a particularly great deal for a client. We love it when we do that and break out the cake to celebrate.
We had a great tantric HR moment recently when we negotiated a settlement of just over £50k for one of our clients who had been systematically bullied at work.
Although she raised a grievance clearly setting out her concerns, her employer failed to address the matter in a timely or sensible way. Fed up with the fannying around, she came to us and we were able to move matters on to a fairly rapid conclusion.
The moral of the story is, not that all employees are grasping little beasts and Out To Get You (they are not). It is that you should listen carefully to employee issues, investigate and deal with them in a timely fashion - or it may cost you dearly.
Subscribe to our free monthly HR newsletter. Russell HR Consulting employment law newsletters are emailed automatically to our ever-growing number of subscribers every month.