Recently published statistics from 2008-2009 suggest some interesting trends over the past year. Key findings include:
- 20% increase in the number of claims accepted - but if multiple airline (cabin crew) claims are excluded, there is in fact a 4% decrease
- unfair dismissal, redundancy pay and breach of contract claims rose in number. Working time claims, equal pay and sex discrimination fell.
- maximum award (in a race case) - £1,353,432
- 21 age discrimination claims disposed of (average award £8k)
- costs awarded in 367 (0.2%) cases (average costs award £2,470)
- for the first time, the EAT rejected over 50% of all appeals at the sift stage
To see the full report please click here.
To ensure your business is kept out of the tribunal give us a call.
Subscribe to our free monthly HR newsletter. Russell HR Consulting employment law newsletters are emailed automatically to our ever-growing number of subscribers every month.
Latest blog posts
- Up Close and Personal
12 / 01 / 2021
- How to Close the Door on Work When You’re WFM
07 / 01 / 2021
- Is the Pen Mightier than the Phone?
29 / 12 / 2020
- How to Help Dyslexic Employees
23 / 12 / 2020
- Show Some Respect
09 / 12 / 2020
- “Thank You” – Two Magic Words
02 / 12 / 2020
- Bullying at the Home Office – Just Who Bullied Who?
25 / 11 / 2020
- Give Business A Shot in the Arm
18 / 11 / 2020
- Battlefield Memories
11 / 11 / 2020
- That Was the Week That Was! 04 / 11 / 2020