Recently published statistics from 2008-2009 suggest some interesting trends over the past year. Key findings include:
- 20% increase in the number of claims accepted - but if multiple airline (cabin crew) claims are excluded, there is in fact a 4% decrease
- unfair dismissal, redundancy pay and breach of contract claims rose in number. Working time claims, equal pay and sex discrimination fell.
- maximum award (in a race case) - £1,353,432
- 21 age discrimination claims disposed of (average award £8k)
- costs awarded in 367 (0.2%) cases (average costs award £2,470)
- for the first time, the EAT rejected over 50% of all appeals at the sift stage
To see the full report please click here.
To ensure your business is kept out of the tribunal give us a call.
Subscribe to our free monthly HR newsletter. Russell HR Consulting employment law newsletters are emailed automatically to our ever-growing number of subscribers every month.
Latest blog posts
- Time Spent on Reconnaissance is Seldom Wasted
07 / 04 / 2021
- Are Staff on Sleep in Shifts Entitled to NMW for the Entire Shift?
24 / 03 / 2021
- How to Deal with Toxic Employees
10 / 03 / 2021
- Can I Make Vaccinations Mandatory?
24 / 02 / 2021
- Being Sent Distracted – and How to Avoid It
17 / 02 / 2021
- Speed It Up
09 / 02 / 2021
- Saying Goodbye Forever
02 / 02 / 2021
- Adapt or Die
27 / 01 / 2021
- Never Waste A Good Crisis
19 / 01 / 2021
- Up Close and Personal 12 / 01 / 2021