From The Telegraph 1st February 2009 I thought this was rather a sad comment on our times............ A committed Christian, has been accused by her employers of failing to demonstrate a “personal and professional commitment to equality and diversity”.
The employee says she has never forced her own religious beliefs on anyone but politely inquired if the elderly patient wanted her to pray for her – either in the woman’s presence or after the nurse had left the patient’s home.
It seems that the patient had said she was not offended by the prayer offer but argued that someone else might have been.
The nurse was suspended in December and faces disciplinary action over the incident.
Subscribe to our free monthly HR newsletter. Russell HR Consulting employment law newsletters are emailed automatically to our ever-growing number of subscribers every month.
Latest blog posts
- Embrace Your Anxiety
08 / 06 / 2022
- Surf the Learning Curve
11 / 05 / 2022
- All Change!?
19 / 04 / 2022
- Sourcing Sparkle: Look for Potential Stars
15 / 03 / 2022
- Taking Up Workplace References
15 / 02 / 2022
- Is an Employer Vicariously Responsible for Workplace Jokes That Go Wrong
19 / 01 / 2022
- Zap Frivolous and Vexatious Grievances
23 / 12 / 2021
- Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow
09 / 12 / 2021
- The Surprising Benefits of Housework
25 / 11 / 2021
- Deductions from NMW 10 / 11 / 2021