From The Telegraph 1st February 2009 I thought this was rather a sad comment on our times............ A committed Christian, has been accused by her employers of failing to demonstrate a “personal and professional commitment to equality and diversity”.
The employee says she has never forced her own religious beliefs on anyone but politely inquired if the elderly patient wanted her to pray for her – either in the woman’s presence or after the nurse had left the patient’s home.
It seems that the patient had said she was not offended by the prayer offer but argued that someone else might have been.
The nurse was suspended in December and faces disciplinary action over the incident.
Subscribe to our free monthly HR newsletter. Russell HR Consulting employment law newsletters are emailed automatically to our ever-growing number of subscribers every month.
Latest blog posts
- Never Waste A Good Crisis
19 / 01 / 2021
- Up Close and Personal
12 / 01 / 2021
- How to Close the Door on Work When You’re WFM
07 / 01 / 2021
- Is the Pen Mightier than the Phone?
29 / 12 / 2020
- How to Help Dyslexic Employees
23 / 12 / 2020
- Show Some Respect
09 / 12 / 2020
- “Thank You” – Two Magic Words
02 / 12 / 2020
- Bullying at the Home Office – Just Who Bullied Who?
25 / 11 / 2020
- Give Business A Shot in the Arm
18 / 11 / 2020
- Battlefield Memories 11 / 11 / 2020